Under the aegis of The Anita Dongre Foundation's women empowerment initiative, the company has set up Community Tailoring Units in rural Maharashtra, India wherein marginalized and needy tribal women are trained professionally to make garments. They are also provided with sustained livelihood opportunities thereafter resulting in positive socio economic impact.
We support the Anita Dongre foundation in its initiative to create women self-help groups in rural Maharashtra and skill unemployed women
- 83 Women Trained
- 49 Women Working
- 180 Total dependents supported
- 71 Women Trained
- 60 Women Working
- 30 Women being Trained
- 96%reported increased self-confidence
- 88%reported improvement in respect by family
- 63%reported increase in respect by community or society
- 62%reported enhanced decision-making power in family matters
- 42%reported regular monthly savings
SOURCING SUSTAINABLE FABRICS
We use TENCEL™ fibers which originate from the renewable raw material wood created by the natural process of photosynthesis. The cellulosic fibers are manufactured using an environmentally responsible production process. Composed of natural material, TENCEL™ fibers are biodegradable and compostable and can fully revert back to nature. Moreover, wood and pulp used by the Lenzing Group comes from natural forests and sustainably managed plantations.